Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tag - you're it!!!

My all time favorite professor and friend, Dr. Ginger Carter Miller, tagged me in this thread that has been running around the blogs for a while. I'm supposed to tell you seven things about myself that are little known but true. And then I am supposed to tag seven more people who must then tell and tag. So here goes.

I don't have seven people that I feel like I can tag - only five. I'm just getting into this blogging thing! So I will tag:


But I will still do seven things about myself. Actually, I'll do ten things about myself since I don't have many people to tag. Just call me an overachiever - I don't care. ;)

1. I am a direct descendant of Thomas Woodrow Wilson (Yes, the 28th President of the United States) and also Robert E. Lee (yes, General Robert E. Lee of the Civil War) on my mother's side of the family.

2. When I was in the 6th or 7th grade (can't remember exactly which year) I was the drum major of the Oconee County Middle School band - where I played the flute. I led our band in parades in Athens and Watkinsville and also directed the Pep Band for the basketball teams. (This was because I didn't make the middle school team when I was in 7th grade for some reason - but I made it in 8th grade and band was essentially over for me!)

3. I wore a size 12 shoe (women's) by the time I was in 8th grade.

4. When I was little and people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I told them I wanted to be the first woman President of the United States. Hey, I could still be - let's pray VERY HARD that Hillary doesn't beat me to it....I would be a much better pick ;)

5. I own (and have read) every Nancy Drew book ever published.

6. I hate actual cherries and blueberries, but I love cherry and blueberry flavored things. What can I say - I'm weird like that. I also hate mayonnaise - but I loooooove ranch dressing, which is based in mayo.

7. My great grandfather, Seaborn Ashley, was the mayor of Greensboro, Georgia.

8. I had two brothers, one before me and one after me, that died at birth.

9. I despise writing with pencils.

10. I am a serious germophobe, but I don't always voice my issues about it. But I do sometimes - like when I am at Subway and the 'Sandwich Artist' has gloves on to make my sandwich, and then they turn around and touch the handle to the oven, then the handle to the bread warmer, then go in the back to fetch more veggies WITH THE SAME GLOVES ON and then attempt to make my sandwich like they are being completely sanitary. It makes my skin crawl. Public restrooms really freak me out too.

So that's it.

Any questions?

Much love,
Joy

No comments: