Monday, April 14, 2008

Well, not quite...

Just a quick note...I got home today from Atlanta (long weekend, and doc appointments). In the mail when I got home this afternoon was a letter from the University of Georgia's Graduate School. I was not accepted.

For those of you who might not know, I applied to the Graduate School back in December for the Community Counseling program in the School of Education. I have decided that what I want to "be" when I grow up is a family counselor - and I stepped in that direction by applying to the school that of course I would want to attend - UGA.

But apparently - something wasn't good enough, didn't have the 'wow' factor, what have you because I didn't get in. I am indeed pretty disapointed, but I don't look at it as the end. There are lots of schools out there - and it just means that God has a better plan for me. I truly and honestly believe that - I'm not just typing it to sound like I'm holding it together. I knew going into this that this program is one of the best in the country, and I knew going into this that they only accept 16 people into the program each year.

So on to the next thing that life has in store for me. I am not sure what that will be, but I know that the good Lord is going to show me the path that He wants me to go down in order to best serve Him.

(It's still upsetting though!)

2 comments:

Flannery O'Clobber said...

Darn it, Joi. I'm so sorry -- hope things look up, anf you find the right program.

Waitingonyou2 said...

Oh, I'm sorry Joy. :- (

You're right though. God has something better planned for you.

Looking forward to getting together for lunch again.

~Erica