Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A quick update!

It's been a few weeks since I wrote last, and at the request of one gentleman (who lives in Brunswick and who had a birthday on the 1st) I am writing again. I promise I will try to write more often, just for you, sir! :)

Anyway, things have been going a little better since I wrote last. I got the flu during the last week in March, and was down and out for the count for 4-5 days. But after the flu started to subside...I started to feel better than I had in a loooong time. More energy during the day. Less of the "yucky" feeling and nausea and tiredness that I was feeling on a daily basis. I would say that before I was operating (even with the treatments) at about 50 percent each day - and I suddenly feel like I'm operating at more like 85 percent! I'm not completely there, but DEFINITELY on the road to 100 percent!

Yay!! I feel like I'm starting to finally see some effects of the treatments. SO EXCITED!!! I saw Dr. Reddy last Friday, and she said she was encouraged as well that I was feeling better. We are still going to stay on the IV treatments for another month before we re-test the CD-57. But that's okay with me - I'll just pray that I can get the PICC line out before the middle of May and then graduate to a lower dose of oral antibiotics for awhile! That's the goal :)

Switching gears, thank you so much to all who responded to my last post with suggestions and sweet encouragements about my struggle. I really appreciate each and every one - and just wanted you to know that I am trying to incorporate all into my daily routine of eating because they were all such AWESOME suggestions! I also have a diet buddy, Dr. GCM, and together we are going to get our weight off! I have another diet buddy, Erica, who will be walking during lunch with me when I get my PICC line out!! That will be great. It will happen! I just get really discouraged sometimes - thanks to all for bearing with me through it :)

Anyway, all in all things are going alright. Hope all is well with you and your families!!

Best,
Joy

No comments: