Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hanging in there...

Well I know it has been a few weeks since I wrote last...so just wanted to touch base and say I am hanging in there. I am having some good days - which is AWESOME. The flip side is I am having bad days - and when they are bad, they are BAD. I am starting to have some different side effects from the medicine that we were hoping wouldn't happen - things that only tend to happen if you've been on this medicine for a long period of time. I'm working through it all...and trying to hang on. Really I am. But I am having a hard time with this.

I am also trying to change the way I think about and see food - working on trying to make myself healthier by losing weight as well. I tend to be an emotional eater. If you take one look at me, you already know that. I was told by my endocrinologist that if I don't lose my weight, I will be diabetic very soon. I DO NOT WANT THAT - BEING SICK IS INSANELY FRUSTRATING AND NOT FUN. Help?? Anyone? I mean, my willpower is nonexistent. I want to do this - but my strength is just not there. I need some prayers, I need God's help, I need...gosh a lot of things.

I know deep down that the good Lord loves me, that He is right beside me every day, that He is giving me strength.

On the surface though - Joy is having a hard time bringing Joy to the world.

6 comments:

Waitingonyou2 said...

Maybe we could start walking after work/during lunch? I *need* a buddy!

Now that Tricia is on maternity leave I have no REAL excuse to go out to lunch all the time and most days I'm not even hungry, but I eat just to eat a meal.

I want to get healthy, too, so Jason and I can have a baby of our own. Selfish? A little, but I like to think of it as following God's word: "Be fruitful" hehehe :- )

Brittany Wardlow said...

Try keeping a journal of everything you eat through out the day. If you want to count calories in the journal you can, but you don't have too. Pretty soon, you'll skip that extra helping or bowl of icecream just because you don't have to write it down. Instead, you'll eat a banana or something healthy because it's on record!

Another thing I've found in the past that has helped me to lose weight (and I am by no means an expert) is to cut my bad habits cold turkey. That works for me because I have always been an all or nothing girl. That may not work for you but it's an idea. If being an emotional eater is that much of a problem then why even go there? Just don't make bad eating habits a part of your life, ever. If you don't buy it, you won't eat it!

(I NEED TO PRACTICE WHAT I PREACH, I MUST SAY!)

I am praying for you and I am sad to see you down but I know more good days will come your way as you become more and more healthy every day. YOU CAN DO IT!

CityStreams said...

Hang in there girl! Do you feel up to playing ball again? Maybe there's a rec team or a church league where you could play? I bet you already thought of that. Just my two cents!

Veronica said...

I honestly have no ideas on the best ways to loose weight, I have a lot of friends at work that have had great success with weight watchers. I put your name (first only) on our Sunday school prayer list. I know you need all the prayers you can get. Take care of yourself.

Ginger Carter Miller said...

You will always be the Joy to MY world.

Ginger Carter Miller said...

P.S. Link up to The DASH Diet on my blog. It's a great plan -- I am trying to get back on it myself. We can be diet buddies.

Being sick sucks.