So we plan on driving up there and staying for about 5-7 days, depending on how much time I have left off at that point. I have so many things that I want him to see...places where my friends and I hung out for happy hour after work, where I lived, where I took my classes when I was up there, where I worked on 12th street during my internship. Can I just say that those three months were probably the most fun and a time when I was the most happy in my life? I can't remember another time where everything was so jam-packed with fun. I met people from all over the country - saw LOTS of things. Ahhh....if I could just go back to 2003 for a few days....
Well anyway, we're going! I am stoked, he's stoked, it's going to be a great time. Some of my friends from my internship are now living and working up there, so I hope to meet up with them and hang out.
Just because I feel like sharing so much today, here is a picture that I took when I was up there in D.C. I was driving along a small street that runs right next to the Washington Monument, and trying to get to 14th street (which it connected to). I was just about to turn right onto 14th street...and I looked in my sideview mirror and I saw this sight:

I jumped out of my car (there was a bus stop to the side) and stepped out into the street (no cars coming, thankfully) and took this picture. This turned out so well, considering it was from one of the first dinosaurs of digital cameras. :)
Love this place! If you've never been to D.C., definitely make the trip. I guess you could say, as they told me up there, that I had a little bit of "Potomac Fever." ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment