I heard this song on the radio the other day. It is by Clay Walker - a great country music singer. It kind of got me thinking...and also made me realize a few things. Here are the lyrics to the song:
How in this world can we put a man on the moon,
And still have a need for a place like St Jude's?
And why is one man born,
In a place where all they know is war?
An' a guy like me,
Has always been free.
An' how can two people who built a lovin' home,
Try for years an' never have a child of their own?
When somewhere out there tonight,
There's a baby no-one's holdin' tight:
In need of love.
To me, that don't add up.
But I wasn't there the day you filled up the oceans.
I didn't get to see you hang the stars in the sky.
So I don't mean to second guess you,
Or criticize what I don't understand.
These are just a few questions I have.
An' why did my cousin have to die in that crash?
A good kid, only seventeen, I still wonder 'bout that.
It seems unfair to me,
Some get the chance to chase their dreams,
An' some don't.
But what do I know?
I wasn't there the day you filled up the oceans.
I didn't get to see you hang the stars in the sky.
So I don't mean to second guess you,
Or criticize what I don't understand.
These are just a few questions I have.
Why do I feel like you hear these prayers of mine.
When so many oughta be ahead of me in line?
When you look down on me,
Can you see the good through all the bad?
These just a few questions I have.
So...I have realized (this isn't the first realization of this, but just a reminder) that the good Lord hears my prayers, He has truly blessed me, and He knows what He's doing. How great is this God!! I know He sees the good in me through the bad, but sometimes I still wonder. Much like this song...but my faith never waivers. I still know He's in charge, that He will right my crooked paths, that He will make me well.
It's not so bad to have a few questions every once in awhile, right? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well said.
Post a Comment