Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Body For Life and Liberty University and other such randomness

I have decided to try something new - check this out!

http://www.bodyforlife.com/challenge/index.asp

I need to get into a good routine with my food and exercise - and I had been following the food part on the Body For Life plan for awhile. But when I logged on today and saw the 'challenge' part (why I never noticed that before, I have no clue) I thought, what the heck! I'll join and do this for 12 weeks. If I am good enough, I could win $25,000 - or even $10,000! If that isn't incentive, I don't know what is :) Been feeling very good lately, so I am ready to feel even better once I get back into an exercise routine!

Also - many of you know that I am wanting to go back to school to get my master's in Professional Counseling. Since I wasn't accepted into UGA's small and competitive program (which is okay!) I have recently learned of Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia. This is the school that Jerry Falwell started a long time ago (I know you couldn't help but think of the outhouse comments just then, Carter!) and it has a Christian-based curriculum and an amazing Professional Counseling program, so I have been told by some family friends that just rave over it. They have a distance-learning graduate program where students can take their classes online and only have to go to Virginia maybe a couple of times throughout the program. So - I have applied, and I am working to get all the pieces together to go! It's very exciting for me - especially since I have wanted to be a Christian-based family counselor (LPC) and this seems to fit right in with my needs! :)

On another random note: our favorite professional painter (who has painted pretty much every house inside and out that the Ashley family owns) will be making a stop by my house in Athens in the next couple of weeks. I have colors picked out for all the rooms - going with natural earthy tones like sage/olive green, the browns, taupes, blues and golden yellows. I'm very excited about this because it will make the house feel a little more homey!

Yet another random note: Today I am going to go home and cut the grass. Let me just tell you that I don't have grass - I have a field. I cut it completely (which takes about 3 hours on the riding lawnmower) and then a week later it's back up again complete with these flowing wheat grass things, every weed imaginable and onions. Oh the onions. I could produce an entire onion crop and set up a stand on the side of the road with all the damned onions that grow in my yard. And they are impervious to weed killers and even brush killers! Everyone in the neighborhood has put down a LOT of sod, looks like, because they don't have near the amount of lawn issues that I have, but I'm not financially or physically ready for that. So I guess riding on the lawnmower will have to do for now! Haha, it's a small price to pay - I am really enjoying living in a house I own rather than an apartment. So why I am I complaining? :)

Life is full of fun and random surprises every day! The good Lord has definitely blessed me!

Best,
Joy

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

awwww...woman you are too sweet! thank you so much for the kind words!

CityStreams said...

Ha ha ha! I hate the onions in our yard too. I always play damsel in distress when it comes to cutting the grass. I don't even know how to turn ON the lawnmower!

Ginger Carter Miller said...

Now how did you know I was lurking?

CityStreams said...

You're a WINNER! Send your address to me through facebook or cin_lou_who@hotmail.com