Friday, June 6, 2008

Sorry it's been awhile...

Hey guys, I am sorry it's been so long since my last post. To be honest - I have felt very poorly and just haven't been in the mood to write. I feel sometimes that my blog is a big dark hole of sadness surrounded by strife - and when I read all my friends' blogs - theirs is filled with such happiness and fun. I guess I am waiting for the time when my life is filled with the same happiness and fun to entertain my readers. So thanks for hanging in there with me.

An update, however, on my condition is needed while I write. I was taken off of the IV medication and the PICC line pulled out at the end of April. I had a brief hiatus where I was pretty violently sick from the withdrawal effects of coming off such a potent medicine. After I got over the withdrawal - my body has literally been going backwards and almost back to square one. :( My stomach problems that include nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, the jerks/twitches, the headaches, the joint pain, the memory fogginess, the FATIGUE, the list goes on and on. A week ago I went back to see Dr. Reddy. I told her that I was ready for her to test me for everything known to God and man to make 100 percent sure this is Lyme disease. She had felt pretty sure that the 3 months of IV meds would kill the majority of it. I have been on oral antibiotics - but it just isn't the same.

Before I go any further - I can't tell you how good I felt by the end of the time I was on the IV meds. I literally felt the best and all my symptoms started to clear up one by one as time went by. I felt better than I had in years. They had to take me off of the medicine because it was starting to cause some problems with my kidneys and liver etc. But the bottom line is - something was working there.

Back to my appointment with her last week - she and I talked about everything that had happened in the month or so since I had been off the IV. I think she felt at a loss for what to do - and I was thinking it was time to get a second opinion. I didn't voice that - but it wouldn't have mattered because the next thing she said was, "How would you feel about me referring you to Emory? Their team of doctors and university doctors can look at your case and spend a little more time on this - and hopefully get some answers." Well, I thought - that's the best news I've heard all day. She said it would be (for lack of a better example) like the TV show HOUSE, M.D. and if you have seen the show, you know what I'm talking about. I readily agreed, and so now I am on the road to Emory in Atlanta. My medical records had to be reviewed by the team of doctors before I was "accepted" into their little program there for evaluation. I have been accepted now and am awaiting the first initial appointment.

So that is the reader's digest version of what is going on with me. I am really sick of all of this sickness - my only desire is to feel like Joy again. This is not me. This is not how I want to live my life. If you're wondering what you can do to help me - please just continue praying. The good Lord is here with me everyday, even when I don't feel like He is. I just need His strength. I have so many things I want to do with my life. Just make me healthy and happy. That's all I want.

No comments: